I got this recipe from Cooking Light (March 2008). Seriously, this is so delicious.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 4 cups cubed pinapple (about 1 pineapple)
- 3 cups quartered strawberries (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups cubed peeled mango (about 2 large)
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled, halved lenthwice, and sliced
- Any other fruit you want*
- Combine sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; stir in basil and lime rind. Cool. Strain sugar mizture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Combine pineaple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with sugar mixture; toss gently.
AURA’S NOTES: I also added cubed apple and blueberries. YUM.